Dynamic problem solver who is always ready to help solve the next challenge. This could be helping solve general company problems, IT problems or advice on China.
IT Outsourcing Expert - A lifetime spent in IT
Sorting out IT problems and challenges
Running international hardware and software projects
Running IT Outsourcing Businesses
Running a plastic card business in 10 countries
Assisting Various Chinese Companies with Export and English problems
Mentoring Chinese Executives
Running various Businesses in Spain for over 8 years
*Experience as Numbers *
• Size of biggest International business run = £46 million (1981)
• Size of biggest UK business run = £30 million pa
• Value of Billings at largest data centre run = £900 million pa for Europe, Middle East & Africa.
• Value of biggest International IT Project run = £24 million
• Biggest International saving made = £12 million pa
• Biggest UK saving made = £8 million
• Most outsourced Desktops responsible for = 15,000 in 3 organisations, plus a dealing room in the city running on Sun Servers.
• Ran a remote disaster recovery operation for a City Broker.
• Biggest FX system responsible for traded $0.5 million a second. Responsible for trouble shooting, stabilising and then expanding the operation from 4 to 14 countries in Europe
• Company Rescue – Loss of £8 million per annum. One year later participated in a
Management Buy Out and a year after that, sold the company for £8.5 million.
• Largest Utility Sector Project = £7.5 million (Electricity)
• Promotional Sales, Marketing & Training Videos made = 60 (All Industries)
• Largest Hotel operation = 21 bedrooms
• Spanish Operations in Real Estate, Guide2Valencia on-line guide and Britchat Magazine
• Chinese Consultancy for a family's on-line export businesses in Shenzhen and Hong Kong, plus the largest Fibre Optic Cable & Equipment maker in China at Shijiazhuang, Hebei Province and their Chairman in Hong Kong.
• Internal Auditor for the North of England region of a UK Retail & Rental Group of 400 shops
• Many of the above roles involved trouble shooting, stabilising the department or company, training and handing over to a new manager and team.
• Member of IoD = Institute of Directors (Since 1996)
Associate member of NXD (Non-Executive Directors)
Countries Lived In
• England (Here now) • Spain (8 years) • China (2 years)
Countries Lived In & Done Business/Projects In
• UK • Spain • China • Portugal • Switzerland • Italy • Holland • Germany • Poland • Belgium • Austria • France • Turkey • Bahrain • Syria • Lebanon • Israel • UAE • Oman • Jordan • Northern Cyprus • Malta • Gibraltar • USA
Looking for Part-time Positions
(Already a Management Trustee of a local Charity)
Mentor to Executives